|J. Anderson “Andy” Little
P.O. Box 16205
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
(919) 967-6611 (Mediation Scheduling Line)
(919) 636-5697 (Mediation Training Line)
(919) 967-3212 (Fax)
Designation of Mediator
Schedule of Fees
|View Andy Little’s Calendar:|
Andy Little is trained and certified as a Civil Trial Court and Family Mediator. With a flourishing fulltime practice and over 15 years of experience in mediation, Andy has mediated in excess of 4,000 cases. Prior to setting up his mediation practice, Andy has 17 years experience as a trial lawyer in commercial, personal injury, domestic, and criminal cases. Andy’s practice is now devoted exclusively to conducting mediated settlement conferences and teaching others mediation skills and techniques.
Mr. Little chaired the committees that created the mediation programs in North Carolina. He was the first Chair of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Dispute Resolution Section, served two terms on the Dispute Resolution Commission, and served as the Commission’s Chair by appointment of the Chief Justice.
Court System Innovator
- Chair, NC Dispute Resolution Commission:
Appointed by Chief Justice Lake
DRC oversees training, certification & regulation of mediators.
- Chair of Dispute Resolution Committee, NC Bar Association and First Chair of its Dispute Resolution Section.
- Leadership Efforts led to establishment of mandatory mediation and other settlement procedures in civil trial courts of North Carolina.
Experienced Trial Attorney and Mediator
- Trained and certified as Civil Trial Court and Family Mediator.
- 15+ years experience in mediation in over 4,000 cases.
- 17 years experience as trial lawyer in commercial, personal injury, domestic & criminal cases.
- Practice now devoted exclusively to conducting mediated settlement conferences and teaching mediation and negotiation skills.
Mediation and Negotiation Trainer
- Lead trainer with Mediation, Inc. in its Civil Trial Court and Family Mediation Courses.
- Each course is 40 hour course leading to certification by DRC.
- Lead Trainer in Mediation, Inc.’s negotiation courses for trial lawyers.
- Over 2,500 participants since 1994.
- Developed special techniques for the mediation of insured claims.
- Developed and conducted Advanced Mediation training for trial court mediators.
- Authored Making Money Talk:How to Mediate Insured Claims and Other Monetary Disputes, a book published by the American Bar Association.
Davidson College, A.B. 1966
Union Theological Seminary, MDiv. 1970
UNC School of Law, JD, 1975